Post new topic   Reply to topic    An Unexpected Kinship Forum Index -> Class Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beero~

re: Relic Discussion Thread

Main reason I create this thread is because people still at 85 are using some relics that won't help improve their Legendary Items and their toons. Every legendary item is identical for each one of you so I won't go down and write what LIs you should have but at least suggest some relics that you should be using and some you should not.

~Why should I bother reading further?
~Because the correct relics on your LIs can make huger impact than grinding virtues(which is also important) and will bring your toon into a next level that you will enjoy much more even if you don't raid much.

~How do I get that much shards to craft those relics?
There are various methods for it,you can always ask more experienced people but most of them will say to either:
1) buy tons of t1 relics and tier them up to t5 then deconstruct them at the relic master
2) if you are keeping your t5 and t6 relics on your toons,it's a good idea to slowly deconstruct them and that you way each run you do gives you some shards too.It's better for planning ahead.
3) any other ideas are welcome for discussion here Happy

~Is it really needed that I should always have t9 relics on my weapons?

Obviously if you are not 85 you shouldn't be wasting t9 relics on your LIs. If you are 85 it's suggested especially if you only have 1 or 2 toons to work on. Otherwise you might use lesser version at least t7 for your LIs.

~What's the difference between normal tier 1-9 relics and Westfold/Great River/Eastmnet Relics?
At most cases the second ones are better than the normal tier relics. That's because those combine 3 or 4 normal tier relics so you can have an improved version of relic of a normal tier 1. Most people go for the Eastmnet relics when they make relics for their 85 weapons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are various bonuses each relic can give and making the perfect weapon for your toon can take a whole day of studying if you already have the relics and shards ready.

KNOW YOUR CLASS MAIN ATTRIBUTES

First of all learn what Mastery your class is using. Physical for Hunters/Champions/Burglars/Guardians/Wardens/Captains and Tactical Mastery for Minstrels/Runekeepers/Lore Masters and Captains.

Also ask questions to yourself,what's my class is supposed to be doing later on raids?What will be my role?Choosing the relics on your weapons is like choosing what persons we want to be Happy

REACH GRAND MASTER OF THE GUILD WITH YOUR GUILD REPUTATION!!!

Please Please Please do that. The best crafted relics can be obtained through that and although crafting might not be your best shot it can provide you the best crafted relics around. It's sad to see people with 1st age weapons and +20 of their main stat on that weapon as a crafted relic when they can have +30 on main stat + 640 crit rating and +640 Mastery Rating. I am not going to analyze crafted relics as they are only a few so I will just go right on the other 3 ones.Settings,Gems,Runes.All the relics below are t9.With some work it's not that hard to get them so I will neglect posting t8 and below relics as you can always ask your nearby Relic Master Happy

SUGGESTED RELICS PER CLASS

Guardian

A guardian can be built three ways imo. Either
1)Tanky and you can choose Max Morale for Block Rating or vice versa or a mix of it.Of course you choose relics that give Incoming Healing too.
2) Bruiser: Aim for Critical Rating,Max Morale and a few mitigations to achieve a build with not big hits but you depend on crits more.
3) Glass Cannon: Aim for Mastery,Critical Rating and neglect anything that will not boost your dps.

Both 2 and 3 are considered builds for Overpower while 1 is obviously for tanks ready to get all hits on them.

Settings:
Eastemnet Setting of Stability (Tank build)
True Setting of the North (Tank build)
Riddermark Setting of Might (Overpower build)
Riddermark Setting of Morale (Overpower build)
Eastemnet Setting of Endings (Overpower build)
True Setting of the three hunters (Overpower build)

Gems:
Eastemnet Gem of Faith (Tank build)
Eastemnet Gem of Hope (Tank build)
True Gem of Twilight (Tank build)
True Gem of the Rising Moon (Overpower build)
Red Agate Gem of Endurance (Overpower build)
Red Agate Gem of Dexterity (Overpower build)
Red Agate Gem of Fortune (Overpower build)

Runes:
Elder Rune of Defence (Tank Build)
True Rune of the Dark Wood (Tank Build)
True Rune of the White Mountains (Overpower Build)
Eastemnet Rune of Power (Overpower Build)

Minstrel

A minstrel imo can be built in various ways.You can focus on max morale and less tactical mastery for lesser heals but staying out more alive or the opposite. You can choose a bit more vitality to add in your relics for a bit more morale to avoid getting one shoted or to increase slighly your crit rating and your power regen with a bit more fate. You have a lot of relics to choose from depending your role in the fellowship and what you wish to do.

Settings:
Riddermark Seting of Will (Warspeech)
Riddermark Seting of Morale (Survival Melody/Warspeech)
Eastemnet Setting of Endings (Warspeech)
True Setting of the three hunters (Warspeech)
True Setting of the North (Survival Melody/Survival Warspeech)

Gems:
Eastemnet Gem of Charity (Warspeech/Melody)
Eastemnet Gem of Hope (Survival Melody)
True Gem of Twilight (Survival Melody)
True Gem of the Rising Moon (Warspeech)
Red Agate Gem of Endurance (Warspeech)
Red Agate Gem of Dexterity (Warspeech)
Red Agate Gem of Fortune (Warspeech)

Runes:
Eastemnet Rune of Power (Warspeech/Melody)
True Rune of the Dark Wood (Survival Melody)

Burglars

A burlgar depending on his role in a group has his preference of some certain relics although most people do like to play him with dps focused relics as I do.In alternative cases use relics that will help your survival and will increase your mitigations,vitality and maximum morale.

Settings:
Eastemnet Setting of Endings (DPS)
True Setting of the three hunters (DPS)
True Setting of the North (Survival DPS)
Riddermark Seting of Morale (Survival DPS)

Gems:
Eastemnet Gem of Hope (Survival)
True Gem of Twilight (Survival)
True Gem of the Rising Moon (DPS)
Red Agate Gem of Dexterity (DPS)

Runes:
Eastemnet Rune of Courage (Survival DPS)
Eastemnet Rune of Power (DPS)
True Rune of the Dark Wood (Survival)
True Rune of the White Mountains (DPS)

Hunters

Hunter is similar to a burglar.They use the same main stat (agility) and they are meant more for dps than burgs because they hit harder and they won't be in melee range with the mob at all unles they pull it towards them. So I would neglect relics that give morale apart from 1 or 2 just to make our healer's life easier and we don't get one shotted by even squirrels. I will copy paste the exact same relics as the burg apart from the pure Survival ones.

Settings:
Eastemnet Setting of Endings (DPS)
True Setting of the three hunters (DPS)
True Setting of the North (Survival DPS)
Riddermark Seting of Morale (Survival DPS)

Gems:
True Gem of the Rising Moon (DPS)
Red Agate Gem of Dexterity (DPS)

Runes:
Eastemnet Rune of Courage (Survival DPS)
Eastemnet Rune of Power (DPS)
True Rune of the White Mountains (DPS)

These are my suggestions for the classes I played and I raided with the past years. I am waiting your opinions as well as well as your questions about anything you want to ask about Relics in this thread!!

~B

re: Relic Discussion Thread

Thanks for starting this discussion Beero!

I'll post for Captains, just because that's my main and I have the most experience with it. Other captains, please feel free to add/correct me if you see any glaring errors.

The captain has multiple possibilities for their role in a group, but usually in raids the captain is off-healing and buffing the group. In 3man or 6man instances the Captain can tank as well. I see the LI relics as a way to fill gaps or boost stats that need a little more oomph. Areas to focus on: Might, Vitality and Fate. Physical and Tactical Mastery, and critical rating. If you want to tank, boost your Incoming Healing and Mitigations as much as possible.

Here are my suggestions for your LI Relics:

Riddermark Setting of Might (Heal)
Riddermark Setting of Morale (Tank)
Eastment Setting of Endings (DPS/Heal)
True Setting of the Three Kings (DPS/Heal)
True Setting of the North (Tank)

Red Agate Gem of Endurance (General/Tank)
Red Agate of Fortune (General/Tank)
Eastment Gem of Charity (Tank/Heals)
True Gem of the Rising Moon (Heals/Tank)

Elder Rune of Defence (Tank)
Eastment Rune of Power (Tank/Heal)

Cheers!

Jump to: